Sick Of Being A Sick Kid?
Flu is a viral illness that mostly occurs in the winter. Flu is also called influenza. It can infect your lungs and airways which is not good for your health. It spreads easily from person to person when someone coughs or sneezes. Flu might also spread from hand-to-hand contact. It can infect the nose, throat, lungs, etc. This disease is generally mild in young adults but it might be life-threatening in some cases.
Given below are some symptoms of flu that are most likely to be seen in children as well as adults.
- Body aches
- A cough
- Chills and shivering
- A headache
- A sore throat
- Running nose
Continue reading the article given below to know more about the symptoms of flu.
How To Differentiate Between A Cold And A Flu.
A cold and the flu are both respiratory illness but both of them are caused by different viruses. Both of these illnesses look alike but they are not. They also share the same symptoms and this makes it even harder to differentiate the illness that you are suffering from.
You might get the flu very quickly but colds generally come gradually. The flu is generally considered to be a little more viral than a cold. You might get sick as well if you have flu but it is less likely to get sick if you have a cold. There are some symptoms like chills, dizziness and muscle aches that you will experience only if you have flu and not when you are having a cold.
Symptoms Of Flu
Some of the most common symptoms of flu are listed below:
- Body Aches: Young children often tend to get body aches if they are having flu. It’s really difficult to know what the actual issue is with young children as they are not able to address the actual problem. You might also experience headaches if you are having flu.
- Fever: Fever is another common symptom that your child might experience along with the flu. Most of the times it is noticed that a child might get sick if he’s suffering from flu or the vice-a-versa.
- A cough: Getting cough is a common symptom for both adults as well as children. Doctors advise that if your child gets a wheezing sound when he coughs or breathes you must go and seek medical aid for your child.
- A sore Throat: This is considered as another common symptom that is seen if you have the flu. Strep throat is one of the most common causes for sore throats in kids but a kid can also get it if he has flu.
- Ear Pain: Young children might experience earaches as well if they are suffering from the flu. This can be really bad and painful. This is because mucus builds up in the sinuses, which causes pressure and pain in your ears.
Precautions For The Flu
Given below are some precautions that you must follow to avoid flu and stay fit.
- Make your child feel more comfortable so that he can recover faster. If your child has a running nose then you can use nasal drops or any other drops that your doctor advise to.
- There are some medications available like OTC which can help to reduce fever and body aches as well.
- Keep your child hydrated and give your child a well-balanced diet. This will help in the faster recovery of your child.
- Consult a doctor and take all the precautionary measures that he asks to if needed.